Sunday, May 15, 2011

Saying "I Love You"

 I wrote the following over 3 years ago. It is interesting to go back and look at what I have written in the past. It is all still so true and relevant today. When I wrote this post, I had never been in love. I can see now why it is scary to say "I love you", but I still understand my point. People are so afraid to love other people, whether it be romantically or just in a "we are all in this together" sort of way.
Also, the article gives such wordly reasons for not saying " I love you".
1. Make sure your sober when you say it for the first time.
     My Answer: Make sure your sober all the time.
2. Don't say it for the first time in bed.
     My answer/question: Why are you sleeping with someone you are not in love with, and therefore, not 
     married to?
3. Say it face-to-face
     My answer: DUH. Common sense!
4. Girls can say it first
     My answer: Stop being feminist and let the man play the man by declaring his love first.

Anyway, here is my post from the past:
___________________________________________________



Some thoughts.
This LINK is really stupid. Okay, I always learned about "oooh saying 'I love you' is so huge! Don't say it unless you mean it". In the context of boyfriend/girlfriend. But are we not supposed to love everyone? Why is it a big deal to love? Shouldn't it be easy to say "I love you"? Why are people afraid of those words, when it is the most important thing we can do? Love, even those who your NOT in a relationship with. Family, friends, people. Just love.
We went to a 4-H LCORT conference this weekend. I was a presenter for 4-H and it was really cool. I enjoyed myself, it was a beautiful mountain setting too, and it rained! Anyway, our guest speaker this morning was Keith Davis. I'd never heard of him before, but I guess he played with the NY Giants and was on ABC and ESPN and sports illustrated and what not. He was this huge black dude and he bent a metal pole in half and folded a frying pan into a burrito. .
He talked about dreams and visualizing them. He grew up in a broken home with abuse, but he was the change he wanted to be. He broke out of that mold and changed.
So at the end of all that he had to get in some stuff about abstinence until marriage. He feels strongly about that. It was really interesting to see a football player, who played in the major leagues, so into teaching these Jr. Highers. And to set them such an awesome example of someone who is cool, but believes in abstinence until marriage and staying married to one person your whole life and breaking out of the mold. Kids need more people like that setting examples. Being immoral is very, very glamorized in America. That needs to change.

Danke...

No comments:

Post a Comment